Thursday, February 12, 2009

AUDITION for a new computer game character - VEGETA

I was informed to attend an audition as a new computer game character-VEGETA today (12th Feb 2009) 3pm at the Ugly Production located at Inno Centre, 72 Tat Chee Avenue. This new game is similar with Final Fantasy, one of my favorite games which I used to spend my whole day playing it many years ago. The producer told me that I have a very strong eyebrows which is suitable for the character.

Anyway, I was playing the role as VEGETA,a preacher and there's a foreigner playing the role as L.RON, inside the audition room there's 2 producers recording the whole audition and telling me what were them expecting. They asked me to be more exaggerate while acting the role and be more powerful while I am reading the lines for scene 1 as I have to feel like I am speaking in a big church to hundreds of peoples. Well, I tried my best and the guy acting L.RON was very strong.

Everything went smooth and I have done my audition with comments given by them: "Great, Cool!"

Below are my script for the audition:
Scene 1:

INT. CHURCH OF VEGETOLOGY
Inside the CHURCH OF VEGETOLOGY, preacher VEGETA is giving a Vegetology Sermon.

VEGETA:
(Clears throat) (To get player acquainted with name and look)
“We bless him, our savior L. Ron. We thank him for showing us the way to eternal life through tasty vegetables. We’ve all seen the horrors that have been done if strayed away from this path. We’ve seen it happen to our friends. To our family. If we don’t eat this essence of life, we will end up just like them. Small, revolting, meaningless cockroaches.”


VEGETA:
“I cannot stress enough that you must, must, must eat your vegetables….”



Scene 2:
L. RON:
Vegeta. What does the roster say about how many people have quit Vegetology?”

DEMONIC VEGETABLE:
“I just said –“

L. RON:
“SILENCE!!! Vegeta, if you please.”

VEGETA (terrified):
“It’s..It’s..It’s..”

L. RON:
“Go on”

VEGETA (crying):
“It’s..It’s….it’s”

L. RON:
“Now now. Don’t cry. Come here.”

L. RON hugs
VEGETA

L. RON:
“Shhhh. I won’t hurt you sweetheart”

VEGETA’s crying sounds get muffled in L. RON’s chest

L. RON:
“Let’s try again, okay?”

VEGETA steps back and nods with a smile, and
sniffs

L. RON:
“Hey Vegeta, What does the roster say about how many people have quit Vegetology?”

DEMONIC VEGETABLE passes VEGETA the parchment. VEGETA reads it.

VEGETA
(grows scared again, and stutters):
“It’s…OVER 9000!!!”

L. RON (Yells so loud that DEMONIC VEGETABLE and VEGETA fall down again):
“WHAT 9000? “There's no way that could be right!”